Sunday, April 10, 2011, 00:09

MY GrandMummy YEN

From my first memories and recollection of my childhood I have known a wonderful woman - a woman who cared for me; fed me; showered me; ran after me with a bowl of rice at dinnertime; fetched me to and from school; watched me in school through the windows.

She is one of the two women in my life who loved and cared for me unconditionally; my grandmother whom we affectionally called 'mama'.

She has had a hard life, fighting for each additional day for the past 10-15 years.

Today she's in hospital fighting for her life, floating in and out of consciousness and requiring medical machines to help her breathe - something we all take for granted.

She has seen me grow up; get married and have my first kid; Stevlynn.

And for me to see her now like this breaks my heart. She also startede thinking very hard and I realized I've not done my part for her for the past few years. I was too pre-occupied with catching up with my life in the recent years.

And with this I have alot of regrets. Regrets of me not spending enough time with her; of not telling her how much she means to me and how much I love her. Please, get thru this strongly and I will make up for the lost years.

I remember how she spent my 27th birthday with us; holding Stevlynn in her arms and how brightly she smiled and how happy she was.

Please god let me have her for another few more years for me to tell her how much I love her.

She told me in gasping breaths on Friday 'Adeline, 嬷嬷老了,没有用了。' my heart hurts so badly when she said that to me. I wanted to tell her she gave me everything I remembered from young and she has done more than her required for me, for the YEN family and cousins. But I couldn't for tears wld get the better of me when I think of losing her.

please let her get thru this, so that I can show Stevlynn the person whom I love so dearly and how much this person means to me. Let me show Stevlynn through her what unconditional love means...

You're my safe haven and I need you in my life. Be strong, for yourself and more selfishly for us.










My profile

Adelynn
A Mummy to Stevlynn; Wife of SS.
A Perfectionist in Life; All About Planning and Thinking Ahead

A Shopaholic Still - For Myself In The Past; For Stevlynn Now
Still Loves My Blings & Collection of Bags & Make Up (If I'll Stop Being Lazy to Use Them)

Chatter



Stevlynn’s Photos
First Pictures
Nov '09 Pictures
Dec '09 Pictures
Jan '10 Pictures
Feb '10 Pictures
Mar '10 Pictures
Apr '10 Pictures
May '10 Pictures
Jun '10 Pictures
Jul '10 Pictures
Aug '10 Pictures
Sept '10 Pictures
Oct '10 Pictures
Nov '10 Pictures
1st Lunar Bday - 06Nov2010 Pictures
1st Birthday - 13Nov2010 Pictures
Dec '10 Pictures v

Stevlynn’s videos
Reaching for Toy
Fist in Mouth
Hungry Monster
Squeals of Excitement
Playtime
Fake Cries
Her Fav Toy
Car Journeys
1st Experience with Teether
Teether Time
Stevlynn's 1st Cereal
Stevlynn's 1st Porridge
Happily Laughing Out Loud
Playing With Daddy
Links
Atrina Journey
Jolene
Dulcena Yen
Sherlyn & Kayla

MummySG
CozyCot
BabyCenter SG

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers