I've never thought that i can be so dedicated at 1 thing in my life, even much more than my work.
After being Stevlynn's mummy, I have become very pro-breastfeeding partly for a few reasons:
- the benefits the baby can get from mummy's milk
- the bonding sessions (a very good example is Stevlynn & I)
I had the luck to still be breastfeeding when World Breastfeeding Week/Month came about and BMSG decided to organize a mass breastfeeding event to celebrate and encourage discreet breastfeeding in public.
I totally support this - for a few reasons.
New mummies need as much help & support they can get, and pple (especially elders) needs to be properly educated on Breastfeeding, BreastMilk & its benefits (Physically & Emotionally)
I went through all this, and i must say SS is very very extremely supportive, imagine him waking up every 3 hours to wash my pump after i finished pumping or when Stevlynn was younger & wakes up to latch, he would wake up to get me water cuz i would always get thirsty after each feed. He would then burp Stevlynn whilst i head off to bed.
And i've got a wonderfully supportive family - from parents to siblings.
My mummy would help me relieve engorgement and when my breastpump was damaged by help and i burst out crying she had wanted to go out and buy me a replacement if not for SS borrowing one to my daddy cooking soup to keep my supply going. Daddy's very thoughtful, i can whine 1 day about no milk, and the next day i have his magical secret recipe soup and i bet you it works!!! My sisters would get me my nursing shawl or help me carry and watch the baby latch whilst my brother would disappear so i can feed comfortably.
And my girlfriends, who would offer me advice and helpful tips when i was in 'trouble'
They all have played their part and contributed to my successful journey in breastfeeding
Back to WBW organized by BMSG (Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group), i would say it's a successful event - other than the long wait times of the registration (a small speck to a good event) more than 120 mummies gathered together to breastfeed discreetly in public - and Stevlynn, SS & I were part of this!
Adelynn
A
Mummy to Stevlynn; Wife of SS.
A Perfectionist in Life; All About Planning and Thinking Ahead
A Shopaholic Still - For Myself In The Past; For Stevlynn Now
Still Loves My Blings & Collection of Bags & Make Up (If I'll Stop Being Lazy to Use Them)