Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 00:00

My Guilt as a FTWM

We woke up to an early Monday morning to find Stevlynn running a temperature - and a pretty high one too!
My first thought was not to go to work and bring her to a doctor.
But then reality striked me when I realize it's MONDAY and i NEED to go to work.
I then paused for 5 minutes debating should i or should i not and decided that with the upcoming long leave i'll be taking & no backfield to cover me as and when I am away from office, i SHOULD get my butt into work and snap out of being a mopping mummy.

& talk about the day starting out all wrong - I stepped into office & started my day with a high priority disaster! that was worked on for more than half a day :( Half the time i was thinking of how my girl was and whenever i went near the doors of the office, i just wanted to get the hell home! Yet the reality half of me was telling myself i got my parents at home and Stevlynn's in GOOD hands with them and that i needed to do what i need to do - WORK

I was so messed up inside that my supply reacted immediately to it and went dipping downwards - SCARY

What didn't help was that i could feel a HUGE headache coming ANYTIME and i had irritating people who JUST DO NOT get my scope of work. The typical conversation via iChat went:

Person: Hi Adeline
Me: yes?
Person: What does xxx mean?
Me: I don't get you.
Person: xxx on yyy url
Me: I do not govern the know how or use of the tool, i govern the accessibility of the tool. Are you able to access the tool?
Person: Yes
Me: If you need knowledge or clarification, please approach your manager or trainer

and TRUST ME, this is the twenty thousand god DAMN time since i returned to work that i get such
Why don't they EVER get it and why don't they EVER learn?
Just like another scenario

Person: Hi Adeline, i can't access xxx
Me: Is this impacting you or multiple users?
Person: Me
Me: I do not cover desktop support, please approach your local help.
Person: BUT i cant access xxx
Me: Yes, PLEASE approach your local help (and that's not me!)



I'm getting REAL FRUSTRATED @ work, and it's never ending.
I guess i need my BREAK soon!


My profile

Adelynn
A Mummy to Stevlynn; Wife of SS.
A Perfectionist in Life; All About Planning and Thinking Ahead

A Shopaholic Still - For Myself In The Past; For Stevlynn Now
Still Loves My Blings & Collection of Bags & Make Up (If I'll Stop Being Lazy to Use Them)

Chatter



Stevlynn’s Photos
First Pictures
Nov '09 Pictures
Dec '09 Pictures
Jan '10 Pictures
Feb '10 Pictures
Mar '10 Pictures
Apr '10 Pictures
May '10 Pictures
Jun '10 Pictures
Jul '10 Pictures
Aug '10 Pictures
Sept '10 Pictures
Oct '10 Pictures
Nov '10 Pictures
1st Lunar Bday - 06Nov2010 Pictures
1st Birthday - 13Nov2010 Pictures
Dec '10 Pictures v

Stevlynn’s videos
Reaching for Toy
Fist in Mouth
Hungry Monster
Squeals of Excitement
Playtime
Fake Cries
Her Fav Toy
Car Journeys
1st Experience with Teether
Teether Time
Stevlynn's 1st Cereal
Stevlynn's 1st Porridge
Happily Laughing Out Loud
Playing With Daddy
Links
Atrina Journey
Jolene
Dulcena Yen
Sherlyn & Kayla

MummySG
CozyCot
BabyCenter SG

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers